2024 Application for International Students of
Northeast Agricultural University
Northeast Agricultural University (hereinafter referred to as NEAU), located in the city of Harbin, is a key level university of Heilongjiang province and is listed in the national “211 Project” and the First-class discipline construction universities in China. NEAU includes 17 colleges and 1 teaching department. There are 10 post-doctoral research stations, 2 post-doctoral work stations, 10 first level PhD disciplines, 21 first level master disciplines, 2 PhD professional degrees, 15 master professional degrees and 77 undergraduate majors, covering the disciplines of Agronomy, Engineering, Science, Economics, Management,Literature and so on.
1) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens.
2) Applicants should be in health physical condition.
3) Applicants should be living abroad or graduates of universities in China.
4) Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for bachelor’s degree studies must have high school’s diploma.
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
5) Excellent achievement in the area of study.
6) Comparative good ability in research.
2. Application Procedure and Application Materials
Applicants must submit the following application materials by logging into the Northeast Agricultural University Admission System for International Students(hereinafter referred to as NEAU system) https://neau.at0086.cn/StuApplication/Login.aspx before March 15 of the year of admission, and must send two copies of the application materials in paper form to the International Cultural and Educational College, Northeastern Agricultural University before March 20 of the year of admission.
1) Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants are school students, they shall provide pre-graduation certificates. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be included with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
2) Applicants for undergraduate studies are required to provide high school transcripts. Applicants for graduate studies are required to provide undergraduate transcripts. Applicants for doctoral studies need to provide undergraduate transcripts and graduate transcripts. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be included with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3) A study or research plan in Chinese or in English, which shall no less than 800 words.(Master and Ph.D. only)
4) Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors. (Master and Ph.D. only)
5) A copy of the passport.(If your passport expires before December 2024, you must apply for a new one before submission)
6)Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form filled in English. The medical examinations results are valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take this medical examination.
7) Six 2 inch ID photos with white background.
8) A copy of HSK certificate (not compulsory).
9) Published academic papers and academic achievements (not compulsory).
10) Acceptance letter from a supervisor (not compulsory).
11) No criminal certificate.
The application materials will not be sent back whether the applicant is accepted or not.
There is no application fee.
3. Categories of Applicants and Teaching Language
Categories of applicants
Duration of major study
Duration of Remedial Chinese language courses
Bachelor’s degree students
4 academic years
(For Veterinary Medicine major 5 academic years)
1 academic year
Master’s degree students
3 academic years
1 academic year
Doctoral degree students
4 academic years
1 academic year
For the Chinese taught majors, students whose HSK don’t meet the requirement need to take Chinese language courses for one year before they begin their major study.
☆The doctoral major of Horticulture could be taught in Chinese or English, while others are all taught in Chinese. For English-taught applicants whose native language or lingua franca is not English, they should submit an English-proficiency score, a score of at least 95 on the TOEFL Internet-based exam or 6.5 on the IELTS.
The tuition and accommodation fees are as follow：
16,000 CNY/academic year-bachelor
20,000 CNY/academic year-master
25,000 CNY/academic year-doctor
500 CNY/month double-room
1,000 CNY/month single-room
Resident Permit：400-1200 CNY (changing with the study duration)
Living Expenses：1200 CNY/month (depends on your budget)
5. Chinese Government Scholarship
5.1 Application Procedure and Date
Applicants are required to submit the applications in both ①Chinese Government Scholarship (printed by CSC) and ②Northeast Agricultural University Admission System for International Students( NEAU system) before March 15 of the year of enrollment.
①Chinese Government Scholarship (printed by CSC)
Applicants shall submit the written application materials and apply online (http://www.csc.edu.cn, studyinchina.csc.edu.cn or www.campuschina.org; then click Application Online, the Recruitment Agencies Code of NEAU is 10224, Program Category is B).
② Northeast Agricultural University Admission System for International Students(NEAU system)
Please register and complete the application in the above two systems at the same time. Please make sure that the content of the materials uploaded in the two systems is consistent. Otherwise, your application will not be accepted.
The application hard materials should be sent directly to the International Cultural and Educational College of NEAU before March 20 of the year of admission.
NEAU Category B application only receive master’s and doctoral degree application. For other study application or application method, please consult the local embassy or consulate.
5.2 Scholarship Standards
1) Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, and fee for accommodation on campus;
2) Fee for Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China.
3) Monthly living allowance is paid to the students according to the standards and regulations of CSC. The duration of Scholarship will be lengthened by one additional year for the students who need to learn Chinese.
4) NEAU provides free accommodation for Chinese Government Scholarship students. The doctoral will live in a single room and the master student will live in a double room.
1) Costs of the laboratory experiments or internship which go beyond the university’s arrangements will be the responsibility of the student.
2) Scholarship students shall get their monthly living allowance from the date of registration. Chinese Government Scholarship students who enjoy monthly living allowance should register at International Students Office within a month notice, to ensure they will receive their living allowance.
3) The new students who register before the 15th (15th included) of the registration month will enjoy the whole amount of living allowance of that month; those who register after the 15th will get half a month. Graduates will get the living allowances till 15 days after the graduation date set by NEAU. The scholarship will be terminated the month after students suspend their studies, quit or graduate from NEAU.
4）Scholarship students who have to suspend their education due to illness should return to their home country for further treatment and rest. The international travel expenses of returning and coming back should be paid by the recipient. The students, who are allowed by the school authority to suspend their education, can retain their scholarship. The scholarship status will be reserved one year at the most; however, the monthly living allowance will be stopped during the suspension of education. The scholarship for students who suspend their education for reasons other than illness will be terminated.
5) Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China are provided by MOE for the scholarship students in China in case of hospitalizing for serious diseases and accidental injuries.
6) The scholarship is mainly supporting student him/herself; if the student consider bringing his/her family members, he/she needs to afford the cost of living for family members.
7) Students are not permitted to transfer to another school after registration.
8) Scholarship applicants accepted by NEAU of higher education will be officially awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship with endorsement from CSC and submitted to MOEC for the record.
9) Students are not permitted, in principle, to change their specialties, institutions, or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice after registration.
10）Applicants for the Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) for programs taught by Chinese of our university shall pass the HSK4. Those who have obtained a degree from a Chinese university using Chinese as the teaching language are not required to provide HSK proof.
11) Once any cheating or concealing act is found in the application procedure, the application will be refused immediately and the scholarship qualification will be taken back as well. The cheating action will be reported to China Scholarship Council and Chinese Ministry of Education as records.
12) The scholarship accepted students should take part in the annual review in accordance with the Measures For the Annual Review of Chinese Government Scholarship Status. The details of Annual Review include performances (including the examination or checkup results of all courses in the first term and the general performances in the second term of this academic year), attitude towards study, attendance, conducts, rewards and punishments received.
13) According to the relevant regulations, international students who have not actually come to China, in principle, the living stipend will be paid after they come to China to register and pass the scholarship qualification review.
6. Approval and Notification
1) The International and Educational College of NEAU will review all the application materials and NEAU is authorized to make necessary adjustments on the specialties and duration of study.
2) If prior Chinese study or other preparatory education is needed, students should pass related examinations during prior education period; otherwise he/she will not be allowed to start major study.
3) Applicants are encouraged to contact the departments and supervisors before applying and enclose the relevant admission or recommendation letter. (refer to the appendix: Degree Programs for International Students).
4) Applicants accepted by NEAU of higher education will be submitted to MOEC for the record.
5) In principle, applicants who have not obtained the highest prior academic qualification by the date of registration will not be admitted.
6) New Chinese Government Scholarship students should register before the deadline. Anyone who is unable to register on time should submit justification and provide proof as well as seek permission from the International Students Office of International Cultural and Educational College. Otherwise, he or she will voluntarily give up the scholarship after two weeks.
7. Enrollment majors
Refer to the 2024 Degree Programs for International Students.
8. Contact NEAU
Post Address: International Students Office 511, International Cultural and Educational College, Northeast Agricultural University, No.600 Changjiang Road, Xiangfang District, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province, P. R. China
International Cultural and Educational College NEAU Homepage: http://icec.neau.edu.cn/
Appendix 1: 2024 Degree Programs for International Students
Appendix 2: Acceptance Letter for the International Student Application